Thursday, March 26, 2009

MY INAUGURAL BLOG POSTING


Hey folks!

So let me start by welcoming you to my first EVER blog posting. I've been mulling over this whole blog deal for some time now and I've finally decided to take the plunge. I've grown tired of venting my daily frustrations on my Facebook status bar (not enough space- Mr. Zuckerberg will have to work on that!) so naturally, blogging became the next step. I'm still not quite sure how this whole thing works, so bare with me on this one! For the experienced blogger who may visit this fledgling blog, go easy on the criticisms, okay? Good!
I guess I should start with a little about me. I'm a young African-Canadian female who has a lot of things to say about the state of the world. I generally think many of the events and people that surround us are completely absurd and hilarious, hence a comedic approach is most appropriate.
Disclaimer: I'm super-opinionated and I make no apologies for it! Some of y'all may agree with my point of view on certain issues and some of you may not, and that's okay. I welcome vigorous debate, so BRING IT ON! Here are some of the categories to look out for on my new blog:

1. Politics
This has long been a favourite topic of mine. I'm a fierce and unapologetic liberal- which is probably not what you'd expect from a girl who grew up in a devoutly evangelical, West Indian household. That being said, I do think that the majority of the politicians and political practices around the globe are pure comedy gold. Making things even more gut-busting is the fact that politicians don't seem to realize how much of a hot mess they truly are.

2. Music & Film
I don't just love music... I LURVE music!!!! If it's good I listen to it, if it isn't I let everyone know it totally sucks. Unfortunately the music industry is in complete disaray. Very few artists- and I use the term very loosely- are worth listening to and the industry has put most of its emphasis on marketing. If you don't believe me listen to the Jonas Brothers body of work- if you can call it that.
I also love film. I love escaping for two hours into a really great story that has been brought to life through a great performance. On the other hand, a really bad movie can make you want to wretch your popcorn and wish someone would credit you with the time you just wasted (preferably with a spa voucher) . You'll be hearing about both types of movies from me.

3. Travel
Travel is an addiction for me. If I were a rich girl, lalalalalalala (sorry Gwen, I couldn't help it) I would spend my time exploring every corner of the globe- including the worn-torn parts! I fundamentally believe that everyone should invest in some travel at least once. It expands the mind and gives you a greater understanding of the people and cultures you interact with. Most of the racist hicks I've ever met in life are people who have never travelled. I can usually tell when a person has never travelled by the way they react to people who don't look or act like them.

4. People
My greatest joy in life is being surrounded by people of all types. I enjoy conversing with people, laughing with people and hanging out with people. But, let's be honest- most of us are complete, sizzling hot messes! I will be commenting on the random people I meet, as well as famous people... maybe even the people I know (they shall remain nameless, of course). LOL!

Of course I'll be writing about a bunch of other things, but I won't exhaust my potential readers by listing them all in my first posting. I hope you'll tune in regularly and I look forward to hearing from all of you!

Lates!
KB

3 comments:

Ken said...

you rock my socks off.

GasbarNut said...

Hey Kim. Read your inaugural week here and I must extend my congratulations.

It IS about time you're doing this, but it's never too late.

I've been blogging about 6 months seriously, even moreso of late as I go somewhat environmental. So keep 'em coming!

Can I put a link to you on my sidebar?

I am going to count the amount of times you say HOT MESS!
heeeee!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!