Tuesday, April 7, 2009

American Idol: An Overview

Danny Gokey: I love Danny! He reminds me of the singers I grew up with in church. However, up until a few weeks ago, I thought he totally had this competition in the bag. He'll be in the top 5, but I don't think he'll win it.

Kris Allen: He was o.k. I'm not feeling his Frosh Week vibe, but he'll be safe because girls in training bras think he's a hottie.

Lil Rounds: What happened to my friend Lil? She was at the top of the pack in the beginning and then she started wearing those wigs and her talent disappeared. I'm worried that she'll be in the bottom three tomorrow.


Anoop Desai: The performance was great and just in time. Had he not performed well tonight he would have been eliminated.


Scott McIntyre: Scott is starting to remind me of a really bad version of Peter Cetera circa 1984. He was tolerable when he was around the piano, but when he picked up that darn Fisher-Price guitar, I left the room. Time to stop the sympathy vote and send Scott back to Arizona.

Allison Iraheta: I lurve Allison's and I think she's got one of the best and most marketable voices and images in the competition. I didn't understand what the judges were talking about when they criticized the fact that she didn't talk enough. She'll be safe tomorrow.


Matt Giraud: Anyone taking on The Great One a.k.a. Stevie Wonder has cajones. Mr. Giraud's rendition of Part-time Lover was the shiznit! Matt threw down tonight! If he gets put in the bottom three tomorrow (which I feel might happen because people are dumb) all Americans should be forced into detox.


Adam Lambert: Yep, Eddie Munster will win American Idol. Unless he loses his voice or commits a felony between now and the end of May. His performance was amazing... and that's saying a lot because I don't even like the guy!


BTW- Paula Abdul is permanently brain damaged.

No comments: