Thursday, April 2, 2009

Laureen Harper's Outfit Underwhelms at the G20

It appears that in addtion to Stephen Harper's stubborn refusal to spice up his look, he is also dictating his wife's wardrobe. Laureen Harper wore a boring "Conservative Party" navy blue suit to the G20 First Wives Dinner last night that I'm sure I saw on sale at the Bay three weeks ago. What a waste! She couldn't have gotten more than 5,000 HBC Reward points for it. Although, she could cash in those points for a totally rad Braun hand-held blender and really get her money's worth, but I digress....

I, and many others have often asked, where is our Obama?, but I think we all know by now that that's a lost cause, so the better question is, where is our Michelle? The US First Lady looked great and very stylish, as usual. It's at times like these that I begin to miss Mila Mulroney. Sure, her husband was a jerk and possibly even a felon, but her wardrobe was off the hook! I even find myself wishing Margaret Trudeau was still on the scene. Yeah, she definitely was and is insane in the membrane, but who cares? She had cute clothes and partied with Mick Jagger! She was a two for one combo!

Oh poor Laureen! How small and insignificant she must have felt amongst all that silk taffeta, colour and Swarovski crystal. Well, at least she's buying Canadian...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOUR BLOG IS VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER GREAT JOB.