Wednesday, April 29, 2009

American Idol: An Overview


My tears dried and my mourning period for Anoop and Lil now over, here are my reviews of the remaining AI8 contestants:

Kris Allen: Not bad. Still not sold on him though. What was up with Cowell's commentary?

Allison Iraheta: This girl can sing! However, I don't think that this performance will be enough to keep her in the final three. She may be in trouble tonight.

Matt Giraud: Good performance, but not good enough. I had to agree with Randy and Kara on this one. He had some pitch problems and I think on stage, he's the least comfortable of the remaining contestants. I actually think it was a mistake for the judges to save Matt a couple of weeks ago. I'm almost certain Matt will be going home tonight.

Danny Gokey: Danny gave the performance of his life last night!!!! This was, hands down, my favourite performance of the evening and perhaps the best performance of the last few weeks. With this, Danny has secured his spot in the final 3. It doesn't even matter if he loses AI-- he'll definitely get a record deal.

Adam Lampert: Can't stand him, can't stand him, can't stand him! His voice is a dash of Steve Tyler, Axel Rose and Broadway showtunes-- which wouldn't be bad... if it was 1988. All Adam is missing is the big arena rock hair. Certainly not the kind of vocalist I'd invest $20 into. But what do I know? People in greasy spoon diners and generic malls all across America seem to be quite taken with the fella. He IS the 8th American Idol-- all the other contestants are just his opening act. Did I mention that I can't stand him?

BTW: Wasn't Jamie Foxx the BEST AI mentor ever?!

No comments: